//Sedgefield today, err, not quite.

Sedgefield today, err, not quite.

By | 2018-05-11T16:57:28+00:00 February 6th, 2018|

Snow back and now very cold, -5 forecast for tonight and and an abortive trip to Sedgefield today which was called off at 11am after 3 inspections.  Amy wasn’t back from Newcastle until 9pm last night and was back in for 5.45am this morning so for racing to be called off just after she arrived at the course after another 4 hour drive was tough, I had stayed over and was in Durham when I first spoke to the track at 6.15am, raceable then but the snow came in, nothing serious but just enough to stop racing.

The scene that greeted Amy on arrival at Sedgefield

Bad luck all round, a lot of indignation on social media but I fully support the course’s actions, we lose enough meetings without starting to call them off based on forecasts, inconvenient as it may be.  Back to the drawing board then with Final Reminder and Top Cat Henry, Carlisle also off tomorrow, weather due to ease by the end of the week but its turning into quite a winter.  No joy at Newcastle yesterday, the two fillies ran much as I expected them to in the bumper showing a modicum of ability, we will see how they jump before deciding whether to go for another bumper.  As I feared Gold Opera was outclassed in feature chase, he needs some help from the handicapper as his jumping goes to pot when he is out of his comfort zone, Titian Boy ran to his best looking like he was going to win jumping the last but not quite seeing it out on the holding ground, McGinty’s Dream was disappointing- I really thought he would run better.

Great to see Craiganboy (Crawford) back being ridden today having made a full recovery from an injury sustained at Ayr before Christmas

Back at base for the rest of the week prior to a busy weekend at the Berwickshire point-to-point on Saturday and Ayr on Sunday.