Heavy snow this morning, stopped now but challenging conditions for training racehorses.

The 4th pass on the all weather at dusk this evening as we attempt to keep it open for exercise tomorrow

Haydock tomorrow and I hope the roads are safe for travel having decided to take our two runners down in the the early morning, ground there likely to be very heavy and we start with Gold Opera in the 2.10. He’s been ready to go for 3 weeks now and seems in great heart, we step into the unknown distance wise but if he stays he should run well in what is an open race for a very decent prize, 10 run and Lucy rides.

Gold Opera has been in great form since we fitted a visor a year ago but is yet to win over further than 2m 4f

Then in the 2.45 we run Clan Legend, he was due to run over 2m at today’s abandoned Kelso fixture but with no opportunities over that trip for him for another 3 weeks it is worth a go at 2m 4f again, we will change tactics and ride him to get the trip rather prominently, it will be interesting, he will love the ground but both times he has been to Haydock before he has run a little bit flat – we are taking him down in the morning just in case it was overnighting away that took the edge off him and this suits Gold Opera as well who hasn’t fired when away from home for the night in the past.

Clan Legend is reunited with Lucy tomorrow, he hasn’t appeared to stay 2m 4f in the past but his good form at Hexham over 2m suggests he might.

Hopefully the weather will be milder next week because we have lost a lot of good opportunities for the horses over the last three weeks and we hope to be at Musselburgh on Monday and Wednesday with a busy day at Ayr on Tuesday.

The lorry at lunchtime today, just as well we are waiting until the morning to travel!