Whatever will be, will be – sigh – deeply disappointed to lose Kelso’s fixture today having thoughtfully prepared a team of horses for such an excellent card but I have been in this game long enough to know that what I was expecting to be a very good day could just as easily have turned out to be a very bad day so I will take what the fates deliver and look forward. Tough for everyone invloved though but would be better though if the flexibility existed to move the whole fixture to Monday when I am sure it will be raceable and there is no racing in the North, they manage to do that in Ireland – we can dream on.
Little time to dwell as the day needs reorganised with six more horses to work and there was plenty to set the heart racing again out working horses on the grass first lot. Lucy jumping in the car now having rerouted to Doncaster where she will now ride Rocklim in the 4.55, she then goes to Sedgefield tomorrow to ride Scotswell in the 3.20, we will be hoping there are no problems at the Alnwick point-to-point where we intend to run Afterclass (Crawford) and Wicklow Lad (Kit), Kit also has a handful of other rides.
I will spend the day trying to sort out other options for our six runners prior to deciding whether or not to take up my room tonight in the Ednam House Hotel in Kelso, I suppose that decision will depend on how likely I think racing is to go ahead tomorrow….